ORGANIC Veggie box
"Not growing food for the whole world, growing food with caring hands for you."
Purchasing a Veggie Box from Providence Farm is a wonderful way to get seasonal, local, nutritious vegetables and support therapeutic programming at Providence Farm. Our Veggie Box Program is based on the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model.
How it works
- You pre-pay for 20 weeks of seasonal vegetables (June - November);
- Every weekend you go to our webstore where you choose the vegetables you would like in your box (instead, if you prefer, we can build your box for you every so often or every week);
- You spend as much or as little of your credit as you like (i.e. one week you can spend $15 on veggies and the next week $30 - it's up to you)
- On Wednesday (or any day after that works for you) pick up your customised Veggie Box from the General Store right on the Farm
- There is no minimum amount you have to order every week, so if you want to take a vacation just let us know!
- Recommended standard credits are $300, $400, $500, $600, and you can add more value when you sign up or as the season progresses;
- Sign up and pay before June 17th and get a 5% discount on your box in appreciation of your investment;
- Providence Farm membership holders who sign up and pay before July 15th get a 10% discount on their box (become a member) in appreciation of your membership.
- Local, organic, nutrient-dense produce
- Pick from the cream of the crop and get priority over market customers for any limited items
- Unlike other similar programs you get the freedom to pick what you want
- You get a discount on your produce
- Reducing your carbon footprint by eliminating distributors, wholesalers and retailers
- Supporting sustainable agriculture and a local economy
- Buying directly from your local farm increases our community's food security
- You are supporting therapeutic programs at Providence Farm through your membership